Thursday, December 18, 2008

Playing with fibre art greeting cards


Today has been a day to play with fabrics and fibres. The piece at the left is a photo taken after I had layered pieces of hand-dyed and stamped fabric, bits of threads, glitter, and angelina on a piece of black felt. I then added a piece of greenish gold organza and secured the layers by stitching around the shapes and between them in garnet stitch with a variegated green-brown thread. The effect was quite beautiful but I decided to try melting a bit of the organza away to see the effect -- it added some more depth and texture and I found that some of the little holes that were created were the perfect spot to add a few tiny beads.

The next photos show two greeting cards that I made using pieces of the fabric that I created and pieced with a beautiful sage green felt. They look quite elegant. The picture of the black card is not very great -- I will try to take a better one so that you can see it better. Please click on the photo so you can see the images in greater detail.

No comments: