Friday, August 12, 2011

New purses for August





I have been busy making some new purses to replenish the stock in my Etsy shop . . . here are photos of a few of them that I have finished and photo-graphed.

I am particularly pleased with the black linen bags with the raggedy silk flowers and stems . . . they really speak to me:) Once the first one was done I just had to create a second one in different colours . . . and I don't do that very often.

Likewise, the sunflower bag has been made in the same fashion as one I created a few months ago. The first one was a dark sunflower on a putty coloured background . . . this one is the lighter coloured sunflower that is on a faded green and rusty-red background . . . it makes me think of the colours we see as they fade in the fall.

The burgundy bag is made of Dupioni silk and has been free-motion stitched with a variegated thread in the shape of leaves and swirls . . . check out the cute beading on the flap of this one.

No comments: