Sunday, November 16, 2014

Printing fabric

Last month I attended a three-day workshop at Sorrento Centre where Catherine Nicholls was teaching a course on working with thickened dyes.  It was a fantastic three days of playing with fabric and dyes under Catherine's excellent guidance.

We worked on designs first and then translated those designs into screen printing and block making techniques. I will post more about the block printing another day.

This is my silk screen that is prepared for breakdown screen printing ...

And this is the metre of fabric that I printed from that screen ...

It is a gorgeous piece of fabric and I am giving lots of thought as to how I will use it.

1 comment:

thebutterflyquilter said...

What a wonderful piece of fabric! Love how this came out. For me it would be sitting on my design wall until inspiration struck!