Sunday, May 3, 2020

Hand-dyeing fabric

During this unprecedented time of self-isolation due to the Covid19 virus, dare I say that I am enjoying the creative time without external demands on my days?

This week I have been dyeing some fabric and threads for an upcoming project and I thought I'd share this photo with you.

I was going for soft blues and greens that speak to me of the world around us. This fabric is destined to be used to create prayer flags that will tie in with that theme and I am now anxious to move onto the next step . . . more creative fun!

Of course, once I had the dyes out I couldn't resist trying out a few other colours and adding a few more bits to the dye packets ... cheesecloth, silk ribbon, and a bit of lace. These will all find their way into something 😃

No comments: