Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wristlet key fobs


It seemed like it might be a good idea for me to have a few low-priced items on my table at the local craft sales so I have made some of these fun little wristlet key fobs. They are a popular item online and I have not seen any around here so have made up a few to try out at this week's sale. Most people make them with ribbon on a webbing base but I have made mine with fabric of course and, some are on a webbing base and some are fabric-wrapped Timtex with another piece of fabric sewn on top. One of them is a pieced strap (I like it best, of course, but it takes longer to make those. . .) and if I have time I will make a few that are truly fibre art.

The wristlet part is about 10" long and slips over your wrist but fits securely enough that you won't drop your keys. I have made a few that are a bit larger as well because I think that people with larger hands would need a bigger one. The hardware clamps onto the wristlet and has a split key ring. These are great for putting into your purse, too, because the wristlet has a distinctive shape so you can find your keys easily.

I have a bit of a concern about selling something like this when my table is, otherwise, just my fibre art purses, cards and landscapes. I don't want people to think that I'm going "bazaar-like" because that's not my intent. But, I'll take the chance this week and see what the reaction is . . . if I don't sell any of the fibre art I'll have to reassess:) Let me know what you think . . .

No comments: