Friday, March 2, 2018

Where the Hills Uplift

Wow ... long time, no blog post.  Sorry 'bout that!

Today I have a new art quilt to show you that has been an absolute delight to work on.  The background patchwork was made in the fall during a workshop where I assisted Catherine Nicholls at Sorrento Centre.  I had enough time between my duties to do quite a bit of work myself and writing the words on fabric was such fun.  The pieces of fabric were then all cut up and pieced back together into this lovely background.

The green fabric is from my current winter project of hand dyeing fabric with Procion MX dyes to achieve a textured effect.  The threads were dyed in the same batch so work wonderfully with the fabric.

The brown wool of the tree trunks was a gift from my friend and fellow fibre artist, Anne Long. She hand spun the wool and dyed it with walnut for the rich brown colour.



No comments: